- Innsbruck - the provincial
capital of Tyrol (60 km)
Alpine zoo Innsbruck– 2000 animals
belonging to 150 species are exhibited in naturalistic
pens, terrariums and aquariums.
- Hall - the “mint city” (55
- Schwaz - the “silver city”
- Rattenberg - the “glass city”
- Swarovski Crystal Worlds
– The Swarovski Crystal Worlds invite you to a journey
through the dream world of fairy and other tales.
- The “Magical World of Glass”
at Kisslinger in Rattenberg. On the over 1000 m² large
exhibition area of Kisslinger Crystal Glas, visitors can
watch the glass blowers create cups, little glass animals,
- FeuerWerk - the wood experience in Fügen im
Zillertal - On a tour through the most modern, most
economical combined biomass heat and power plant in
Europe, visitors don't only have an opportunity to see its
fascinating technology, they are also called upon to focus
their senses on wood, that omnipresent natural product.
- Open dairy Zillertal - Mayrhofen
Find out about the many uses of milk on 6,000 m2 and 11
- Thermal bath Zillertal - the water wellness
world! Aimed especially at children, it offers the
longest waterslide in western Austria with 133 m and
timekeeping, and also a grotto, a waterfall, climbing nets
and a large toddlers' area to make the hours just fly by.
Forget everything you know about similar water parks and
enter a new dimension of water fun in Fügen im Zillertal.
- Farm museum in Kramsach (45 km)
A collection of historical farms from all over Tyrol. It
encompasses an area of about 8 hectares.
- WasserWunderWelt Krimml/Wald (36
Experience the fascination of water at the Krimml
waterfalls. See many interesting features and have fun in
the Aqua Centrum, the Aqua Parc, at the Aqua Vision.
- Planetarium - Observatory Sternwarte Königsleiten/Wald
Europes highest-up planetarium and its observatory are
located in the nearby village Königsleiten. A
six-kilometer-long Planets' Path around Königsleiten is
supposed to render the dimensions of our solar system
understandable for the human mind.
- Nordkette: Experience the
- Exhibition Goldmine Zell: Feel
how the interior of the mountain is alive and experience
350 years's worth of history of this nearly forgotten
trade in a multimedia presentation within the mine. Find
out how the work conditions beneath the surface were, how
the miners lived and what their social environment was
- Alpine road Schlegeis reservoir–
see mountain reservoirs.
- Wolfsklamm Stans – go
on a soulsearching trip through the Wolfklamm to the St.